Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A group of Griffons

  A little compilation of photos from last year (2010) Avatar game in Belgium.  ( http://www.larp.be/ )
Thanks go to everyone that I swiped the photos from :) If you want me to give you credit for the picture, please let me know as I can't remember who I got them all from (but many thanks to Annie!). Next time I'll bring my own camera!

We camped with a group called the Griffons (De Griffoenen) inside the faction of Les Insulaires. You can see the logo on the banner. I think this is from an old photo of Bjorn or Sven.







Here we are plotting our encampment at the event. This was a spring meeting which was held both "time in & time out". I think we were knighting Cedric and Thomas. Although, as we are supposed to be a group of mercenaries, I'm not sure why we are knighting them? Maybe something got lost in the translation....  (oh yeah, maybe it was something about choosing a champion?)



Here is the first view of the encampment. Yes, those blue tarps on the ground are supposed to represent water, as we are supposed to be located on an island. The bridge is supposed to be like docks.  I'm not quite sure this worked out well as everyone just walked past, around or over them. It would be nice if next years encampment could show this a bit easier in relation to Les Insulaires "ship".  Philipp & I were in the "norman" tent on the left. Definitely want a different style next year.

A view of the "ship". This was also the "local bar" of Les Insulaires. Our camp is just behind this and a little to the left of the photo.

I have to say that it would be great if folks could take some ideas from http://www.allemansend.com/ on the building of a mariner/pirate encampment to go along with this wonderful ship.


A lot of fun was had in this place, from drunken singing and dancing (great voodoo dance on Saturday evening!) to giving role-played "medical care" to the players.


Here you can see the hubby, Bjorn and me inside the bar. The tricorn hat borrowed from Carsten looks great on him !

Also most of the guys participated in the large scale battles. I only went as a medic on a couple of them, but had a blast doing it.



Here they are receiving instructions for the battle.


Ready and waiting.





And the feast afterwards within the camp. Unfortunately I don't have the photos of the evening festivities. The Carnivale Macabre was amazing over with the group Les Damnes. We were quite excellently entertained there.

 Definitely something to do next year!



Below is the group, I'm in the blue & grey dress and my hubby next to me. I'll definitely alter the dress to fit better next year. Els, Philipp & I had a fun time making all the tabards you see on everyone here. Big thanks also go to Blake & Carsten for their assistance during the embroidery process. The ages of the group range from around 18 - 40something. But we definitely saw much younger children and much older people there at the game as well!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment